We're going on a Scavenger Hunt!
Looking for things outside can be a fun way to notice our natural world.
It helps to:
- develop observation skills by encouraging children to pay attention and be curious about things around them
- develop problem solving skills by challenging children to think creatively
- promote physical activity such as running, jumping and climbing
Here are some things you might look for outside!
- Find a yellow flower or leaf
- Spot an insect
- Find a rock shaped like a triangle
- Spot a bird’s nest
- Look for an animal shape in the clouds
- Spot a butterfly
- Find a leaf bigger than your hand
- Spot a squirrel or a rabbit
- Find a tree or stick that looks like the letter “y”
- Find a feather
Encourage children to generate their own scavenger hunt ideas for friends and family.