by Patricia Shields
Creativity ensures children allows for their unique self-expression and self-realization which are both associated with well-being. Exploring imagination and creativity through games, constructing, building and drawing helps children to express themselves, problem-solve, communicate with others, develop self-confidence and amongst other social-emotional skills, discover what makes them feel happy and fulfilled. As children engage in these creative activities they further develop their social skills and fine or gross motor skills. They problem-solve, take turns, count and learn how to win and lose gracefully.
- These printable board game templates are for kids to enjoy playing.
- Bingo is another game where children can focus on listening skills and can help them to focus on simple sight words or word banks. Consider downloading the following:
- Download the All About Me Board Game which involves children moving their bodies to replicate animal movement but also includes learning relevant information such as their address.
- Learn about the French artists who started Pointillism and enjoy viewing this guided lesson on how to create a tree using pointillism.
- Paper Tearing Collage – Give children pieces of coloured paper and glue, and have them tear shapes to cover the page. Tearing is excellent for developing finger strength and fine motor control.